Frequently Asked Questions
Please review this page for answers to frequently asked questions about Top Dog Carts. If you don’t find the information you’re looking for,
please contact us or call 888-282-5002.
What's included with my Top Dog Cart?
- A griddle/cook surface
- A utensil pack
- Pans & lids
- Hot and cold water system
- Propane heat
- Insulated cold storage and dry storage areas
- Balanced suspension and towing gear.
- Cart schematic and user manual
- Custom signs are included with some models
There are numerous features and accessories you may add to your cart. When requesting a quote, specify the options and custom equipment you are interested in adding to your cart.
View all of the benefits to owning a Top Dog Cart
How long will it take to build my Top Dog Cart?
Are Your carts NSF certified?
Do you manufacture all of your mobile food and concession carts?
Do you manufacture food trucks and trailers?
Where are you located?
1355 Bennett Drive, Unit 177
Longwood, FL 32750
How do I pay for my Top Dog Cart?
How is my cart shipped and delivered?
We personally photograph and crate every Top Dog Cart to ensure they arrive safely. Depending on the carrier, shipping is typically 2-7 days within the continental United States. International delivery times vary by country.
What should I do when my cart arrives?
In the event your cart is damaged during shipment, please contact us immediately.
What if I change my mind about purchasing a cart?
- The item must be returned in new, unused condition.
- The item must be returned in the original factory packaging.
What do I need to do to use my cart for the first time?
Next, locate the water fill area. Add water to the fresh water tank. Then install a propane tank (not included) according to the instructions located inside the cart’s propane tank compartment. Now, turn on the burners and start cooking!
How do I clean and maintain my cart?
We recommend white vinegar to naturally and safely clean your stainless steel surfaces. A stainless steel cleaner, such as Brite Shine Food Grade Stainless Steel Cleaner, may also be used. Make sure what ever cleaner you choose is safe for use on stainless steel food surfaces.
Avoid using chlorine bleach, products containing chloride, or glass cleaner. Avoid using abrasive pads as they may cause rust deposits. Never use oven cleaners or abrasive cleansers as they may scratch and ruin stainless steel surfaces.
In cold climates, please make sure you drain water from your cart so it does not freeze and cause damage to your water system.
Can I remove the griddle?
How do I attach the propane hose to a propane tank?
How do I change the water pump battery?
What kind of vehicle do I need to tow a Top Dog Cart?
What size ball do I need on my vehicle to tow my cart?
Is the tow bar removable?
How do I secure my cart for towing and travel?
- Remove the grease tray from under the griddle. Even with the safety pin in place it is possible that the grease tray will bounce loose and fall out while traveling. And if there is grease in the tray during travel it will splash the griddle.
- If equipped, remove the cart skirt / umbrella.
- Make sure the griddle and steam table area are cool to the touch before laying the cart skirt or umbrella on them.
- Make sure the retractable jack stands are locked in place under the cart before traveling.
- Secure the water fill cap.
Can I purchase a spare tire for my Cart?
Can I add logos or messages on a custom umbrella?
Can you create a custom sign for my mobile food cart?
Do you provide marketing and graphic design services?
- Custom logos
- Vehicle wraps and decals
- Websites and social media pages
- Menus and flyers
Starting a Mobile Food Business
Can you help me start a mobile food or concession business?
If you’re starting a mobile food business in Florida, we have a step-by-step guide for getting your license, passing inspection and registering your business here.
What are the legal/insurance/licensing requirements?
For more information about licensing and permits, please see: How to Start a Mobile Food Cart Business.